Symposia and Events
- The Urban Public University as an Engine of Recovery - July 2020, Strathclyde University
- Hacking Biology to Advance Medicine - June 2020, CUNY ASRC
- Virtual Symposium Systems Chemistry - May 2020, CUNY ASRC
See coverage in Nature Chemistry
- Building on the Building Blocks of Life - NPL, October 2010
- CUNY Women in Science 2015: Navigating a Successful STEM Career - CUNY, September 2015
- Rein interviewed about ASRC and the Center of Advanced Technology in Sensors by Fuzehub
- CUNY vs COVID
- Announcement of New York State Center for Advanced Technology
- Profiled - Dutchman Leads Nanocity in NYC - Financieel Dagblad, Dutch national newspaper
- On the Biotech Block - Nature Index reports on the biotech boom in NYC
- Innovators collection - Chemistry World profiles chemistry innovators
Coverage of Nat. Chem., 2018, 10, 696-703.
- Zelfassemblage à la carte - C2W, Netherlands
- Cell-like nanomaterials can respond to biochemical signals - Materials Today, Elsevier
- Scientists create nanomaterials that reconfigure in response to biochemical signals - EurekAlert!, AAAS
- Behind the Paper: Supramolecular Transit System - Mohit describes the story behind the paper
Coverage on Science, 2017, 356, 1064-1068.
- Artificial melanin paves way for new cosmetics and biomaterials - Cosmos
- The natural sunscreen of the future - The World
- The Sunscreen Of The Future - Science Friday, June 2017
- Scientists develop molecular code for melanin-like materials - EurekAlert!, AAAS
- Synthetic melanins display tunable properties - Chemical & Engineering News, ACS
- Synthetic melanins with tunable properties developed - MRS Bulletin
Coverage on Nat. Nanotechnol., 2016, 11, 960-967.
- Materials from a peptide soup - News and Views, Nat. Nanotechnol.
- New materials arise from peptide evolution - Materials Today, Elsevier
- Survival of the fittest in materials discovery - EurekAlert!, AAAS
Coverage on Nat. Chem., 2015, 7, 30-37.
- Searching sequence space - News and Views, Nature Chemistry
- Breakthrough simplifies design of gels for food, cosmetics and biomedicine - EurekAlert!, AAAS
Coverage on J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2015, 137, 576-579, 7, 30-37.
- Self-Assembling Carbohydrates Trap Cancer Cells In A Cage - Chemical & Engineering News, ACS
ACS Nano, 2014, 8, 7005-7013.
- Handshake assembles new emulsions - Chemistry World, RSC
Coverage on Nat. Chem., 2010, 2, 1089-1094.
- Diversity for self-assembly - News and Views, Nature Chemistry
Coverage on Nat. Nanotechnol., 2009, 4, 19-24.
- Helping themselves - News and Views, Nature Nanotechnology